The Science is not settled
The science behind the Dietary Guidelines: is it sound?
For the 2015 Dietary Guidelines, there was an unprecedented level of concern. Read more here…
Before 2015, there was also significant concern about previous Dietary Guidelines for Americans: read more here…
A look at the disputed science on:
- Salt: is lower always better?
- Saturated fats: do they cause heart disease?
- Total fat: is the low-fat diet recommended?
- Fat and cancer: does fat of any kind cause cancer?
- Fat and obesity: does fat make you fat?
- Low-carbohydrate diets: have these been adequately researched?
- Dietary cholesterol: does cholesterol in your food lead to higher blood cholesterol?
- Red meat: does it cause heart disease and cancer?
There are questions about the reliability of the consumption data (NHANES) upon which the Guidelines’ assumptions are based. read more here…